Tawasentha 1/2 Day Camp Program
General theme of program is fun, social enrichment, outdoor life, physical fitness and arts. We have made several modifications to our day camp programming - with the safety of campers and staff at the fore thought in every activity. We have divided the camp sessions into six one-week sessions (total of 6 weeks starting June 28th through August 6th.)
- Open to children 5 to 13 years of age (children entering Kindergarten in the fall of 2021).
- Enrollment is limited to Guilderland residents only.
- Pre-Registration is required.
- On-line registration deadline is the Thursday before the camp session begins. Unregistered campers are prohibited.
- IMMUNIZATION INFORMATION REQUIRED. An up-to-date copy of your child's immunization records is required at the time of registration. View the home page for direction to upload them directly to your account or contact the Parks & Recreation office for further options.
- A written note must explain any special medical or transportation needs.
- **Campers will not be permitted to walk off the premises they must be picked up.**
- Program is half day starting on June 28, 2021 and ending on August 6, 2021.
- NO CAMP ON MONDAY, JULY 5, 2021.
- The Camp Office is located at the Large Pavilion in Tawasentha Park.
- Drop off starts at 8:00am and all campers must be picked up by 12:00pm. Please contact the camp office at 518-456-3475 in case of an emergency or alternate arrangements need to be made.
- Campers will stay with the same counselors and group throughout their session. Groups sizes will be reduced to comply with distancing and gathering size regulations.
- Children will be placed in groups upon arrival according to grade level (K-1, 2-3, 4-5 and Middle School). Campers are supervised by counselors at all times and will change activities throughout their session.
- A Release Authorization Form will need to be submitted at the beginning of each session. See form below.
- A registered nurse and certified EMT will be on duty at all times. Parents will be called if necessary. Please provide 2 current emergency contact names & telephone numbers.
- Snacks are not provided but campers are allowed to bring their own (no peanuts).
- Please send your child with a water bottle with their name on it. A water fountain is available for refills.
- The camp is inspected by the Albany County Health Department located on South Ferry and Green Streets in Albany. Reports and plans may be obtained through the Health Department or at the Guilderland Town Hall.
- The Town reserves the right to limit participation based on behavior of campers and will not provide a refund. A refund will also not be provided once the camper’s registered session begins.
- **Important Please Read**
- We will not be able to provide transportation to/from camp. The designated drop-off/pick-up location - is near the volleyball courts.
- Parents will pre-screen their children at home. When you send your child to a camp/program, you are attesting to the fact that you have performed this pre-screening and answered NO to all of the questions. Camp staff will document that the child was pre-screened when they arrive at camp.
- Your child/children will not be permitted out of the car until a daily pre-screening is complete and verified by camp staff. Screening will need to be completed (per-camper, per-day, per-week).
- Campers and staff will be reminded of frequent hand washing, coughing & sneezing etiquette (into a tissue or elbow), maintain social distance and wear a mask when feasible.
- Masks are required for all parties (vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals) when checking in to and departing from camp.
- Masks are strongly encouraged but not required for OUTDOOR camps.
- Masks are required for all parties (vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals) while they are indoors.
- Campers are encouraged to bring their own mask and a spare - or we will provide one.
- Hand washing station are increased throughout the park.
- DO NOT send your child with his/her own supply of hand sanitizer. We recognize the concerns of sanitizer use/abuse amongst children and encourage you to speak with the nursing staff if you have a concern or send a note with your child.
- Multi-used items will be sanitized or single use kits will be provided.
- Please send your child with a towel daily - we will continue with increased water games and utilize them for snack time.
- SWIM LESSONS WITH THE DAY CAMP ARE FULL FOR THE SUMMER! (6/29/21)
- Swim lessons will be offered to day campers at no additional charge.
- Lessons are a two week commitment.
- Due to the pandemic - class sizes are reduced and lessons are limited to one session per camper - on a first come first serve basis. Lessons will be organized by the Parks & Recreation Office staff - not by the camp or pool staff.
- Lessons will be limited to 4 campers per swim level per time slot. Please only register for one session this summer to allow for other children to learn to swim!
- Confirmation of your child's swim lesson registration will be made the Thursday before the session starts. You will received a refund if there is not enough space in the lesson for you child - Your child is welcome to join us for our regular day camp program if he/she doesn't get into swim lessons!
- SWIM LESSONS CLOSE FOR REGISTRATION THE TUESDAY BEFORE THE CAMP SESSION BEGINS!