Junior Volunteer Counselors (JVC)
The JVC (formerly CIT) program is for students 14 and 15 years old who wish to assist our counselors in the Tawasentha 1/2 Day Camp program.
- On-line Registration is open and the deadline is the Thursday before the camp session begins.
- JVC are assigned to a specific age group of children and are under the directions of an experienced leader and the administration. They will remain with this group for the full week.
- There is a $28.00 fee per for a week session.
- There will be No Camp on Monday, July 5th
- See Tawasentha 1/2 Day Camp for additional information.
- IMMUNIZATION INFORMATION REQUIRED. A up-to-date copy of your child's immunization records is required at the time of registration. View the home page for direction to upload them directly to your account or contact the Parks & Recreation office for further options.
- A written note must explain any special medical or transportation needs.
- **Campers will not be permitted to walk off the premises they must be picked up.**
- Bus Transportation: NOT Available
- **Important Please Read**
- We will not be able to provide transportation to/from camp. There will be designated drop-off/pick-up locations - by age groups - utilizing the facilities throughout the park. Designated locations are TBD.
- To eliminate congestion Parents/Guardians are strongly encouraged to complete the daily screening form. Your child/children will not be permitted out of the car until a daily pre-screening is complete - to be verified by the member of the nursing staff on site. A screening will need to be completed (per-camper, per-day, per-week).
- Campers and staff will be reminded to follow CDC guideline - frequent hand washing, coughing & sneezing etiquette (into a tissue or elbow), maintain a 6ft distance whenever possible and wear a mask when it is not.
- Campers are encouraged to bring their own mask - or we will provide one. Masks will be required for our programming in compliance with CDC and DOH guidance.
- DO NOT send your child with his/her own supply of hand sanitizer. We recognize the concerns of sanitizer use/abuse amongst children and encourage you to speak with the nursing staff if you have a concern or send a note with your child.
- Multi-used items will be sanitized between groups (ie. sports equipment and picnic tables) or single use kits will be provided (ie. craft supplies).