Who’s ready to start Kindergarten? Or maybe you’d like your child to brush up on some basic Kindergarten skills before they start 1st grade?!
- This camp will be engaging, play based, and hands on fun!
- At Camp Kindergarten, your child will learn or review the foundational skills that are needed to get your child ready for school in September.
- At Camp Kindergarten, we will read a variety of picture books and then your child will create projects and crafts to go along with the book’s theme or message.
- The kids will also have time to play with games, toys, and strengthen their fine motor skills. As your child participates in small group, play based center type activities, they will be learning basic mathematics and early literacy skills and concepts. All of these engaging activities will also improve your child’s social and language development, too. Your child may even meet a new friend or two while at Camp Kindergarten!
- Who’s ready for some fun?! Come join us at Camp Kindergarten!
- Please provide your child with a snack and water bottle each day at camp.
- A $15 materials fee is due to the instructors on the first day of camp.
- Heather Coupal has been a classroom teacher for 9 years teaching Kindergarten and 2nd grade. She currently teaches Kindergarten at Guilderland Elementary.
- Karra Makowski has been a classroom teacher for 22 years. She has taught K-5th grade. Karra has taught in the GCSD for 13 years, and is currently a Kindergarten teacher at GES.