Cheerleading has become one of the fastest growing sports in our country!
- Pop Warner is very excited to host their fourth summer cheer camp and are looking forward to 4 fun days of cheerleading! This camp will focus on teaching and practicing the following: Motions, cheer, dance, jumps, and stunting.
- Participants will be divided into groups based on age/grade the first evening.
- Check-in for the camp will begin at 5:45 pm outside the New (West) Gym at Guilderland High School. Warm-up and stretching starts promptly at 6:00 pm each night. Participants should wear athletic clothing (shorts, t-shirt, leggings, etc.), sneakers and socks. Hair should be pulled up and out of their face. To participate safely in the clinic, participants must remove all jewelry.
- Friends and family are welcome to come at 7:30 pm on the last evening to watch the cheerleaders perform and see what they learned during the 4 day camp.
- A $10 materials fee will be collected by the instructor the first day of the program for a camp t-shirt. These t-shirts will be worn on the last night for their performance.
- T-Shirt Size Information:
- YXS (2-4)
- YS (6-8)
- YM (10-12)
- YL (14-16)
- YXL (18-20)
- Tina Slingerland has 30+ years of cheerleading experience
- Tina started cheering at the age of 10. She is a graduate of Guilderland High School where she cheered and then continued to cheer for 4 years while attending St. Bonaventure University.
- She has coached CBA Varsity Cheerleading for 8 years and Guilderland Pop Warner Cheerleading for 12 years and is currently the Guilderland Pop Warner Co-Cheer Coordinator.
- Tina is a YCADA certified coach. She is also certified in AED, First Aid and CPR