Amazing Athletes (for 4-6 Year Olds)
Amazing Athletes is a multi-sport program that benefits children physically, mentally, socially, and emotionally. Our program introduces the fundamentals of 10 different sports (soccer, hockey, volleyball, basketball, tennis, lacrosse, football, track and field, baseball, and golf) in a non-competitive environment. This camp will keep your child moving and having a blast with games, obstacles courses and team work skills!
- Our program incorporates exercises for gross motor development, hand-eye coordination, cardio-vascular fitness, speed and agility and stretching and muscle tone.
- The sports will be divided up throughout the week.
- The children are able to learn and practice the basic fundamentals of each sport through game-based activities.
- Bring a water bottle!
- This camp is for children ages 4-6 (must be 4 by 3/1/21).
- Kayla Boomhower has been teaching for eight years as well as coaching softball at the high school and travel ball levels. She has her teaching degree from The College of Saint Rose where she was also a student athlete. Kayla has experience coaching different ages and levels from travel up to division one college ball. She is excited to join the Amazing Athletes team and apply her experience with teaching and coaching into her classes. She cannot wait to help build her athletes confidence, fine & gross motor skills and help introduce them to several sports!
- Kathryn Decker is receiving her degress in Literacy and Special Education at SUNY Albany and has been working with Amazing Athletes for 2 years. Kathryn has a passion for working with young children at all levels of development. She goes above and beyond to make sure each child has a successful and enjoyable experience in Amazing Athletes.