Yoga and Mindful Movement for Teens
Yoga and mindful activities can help teens develop a better sense of self, health and well-being. In this class series, we’ll focus each week on ways to feel stronger, more flexible (in our minds and bodies!) and ready to take on whatever life hands us.
- Yoga and mindfulness can support teens with their academics and extra-curriculars, and compliment sports training and other physical activities they may do.
- Please dress in comfortable clothing that allows for movement and bring a water and a mat, if you have one.
- Previous yoga experience is not required.
- This camp will be on Saturdays starting 7/10 and ending 8/7. Camp will be held on the GPAC Stage at Tawasentha Park!
- Christine Carpenter is a certified CircusYoga, Radiant Child Yoga and Yoga For All teacher who has been leading children, teen and family yoga and movement classes and workshops through the Town of Guilderland Summer Camp programs for many years.
- She has been teaching yoga in the Capital Region and beyond for nearly two decades. She is a writer specializing in issues relating to education and holds an Masters’ of Science in Elementary Education from the College of St. Rose.