Football 19th Annual Black & Blue
Come develop your football skills and compete with others in the return of our team football camp! This summer’s one-week camp focuses on fundamental skill developement at each offensive and defensive position: stance, footwork. blocking, tackling, receiving, route-running, pass covering, ball carrying and passing. Coaches will prioritize the instruction of safe, proper tackling technique and limit the full contact sessions to ensure the safety of our campers. The camp will conclude with controlled scrimmages (FR/JV will scrimmage seperately from Varsity).
Athletes should bring:
- Equipment - helmet, shoulder pads, jersey and leg pads (assigned through high school)
- Mouthpiece, Cleats AND sneakers (campers should bring)
- Helmet, mouthpiece and shoulder pads - July 26 & 27
- Wear full equipment on Wednesday - Friday, July 28 - 30
- Sports drink (no shared water)
- $99 per camper which includes coaching from high school and college staffs, field and equipment preparation and usage, certified athletic trainer on the premises every day and camp tee shirt! Additional scholarships are available for families in need - Contact Coach Penna for details.
- RESIDENTS MUST SIGN UP ONLINE THROUGH THE GUILDERLANDREC.COM SYSTEM
- Guilderland Varsity football head coach Dan Penna is in his 19th year leading the GHS program and has been a Guilderland teacher for over 20 years. Campers will receive specialized instruction from each member of the GHS coaching staff.