Saturday Morning Basketball
The Saturday Morning Basketball program will be non-competitive and will focus on continued teaching of the fundamentals of basketball. Games, in a league format, will be played each Saturday. Great fun! In order for this program to run successfully, help is requested from all interested parents. 2 Coaches are needed for each team (4-6 teams). This program will have a limited amount of space so please register soon!
- Youth Basketball for grades 1-5 at FMS on Sat. mornings.
- Help is needed in the following areas: Coaching and some administrative functions. Additionally, volunteers are needed to assist with the program.
- First week all 3rd, 4th and 5th grade boys and girls should report at 9:30 am. After the second week campers will be split into teams and the session will be split into a 40-minute practice session and a 45 minute game.
- All families should use the back entrance of Farnsworth Middle School.
- Colored T-Shirts will be the team uniform this year. During registration, please provide your child's T-shirt size. A $10 Materials fee for the T-Shirt is due to Coach Schaffer on the first day of camp.
- THIS PROGRAM IS ONLY OPEN TO GUILDERLAND RESIDENTS & GUILDERLAND CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT STUDENTS
- NO CAMP on December 25th & January 1st
- BUS TRANSPORTATION: NOT AVAILABLE
- If necessary, February 12th is scheduled as a make up day.
- Mike Schaffer been teaching Elementary Physical Education in Guilderland Central Schools for over 20 years.
- He has coached Modified basketball for several years at FMS as well as High School basketball for Guilderland High School.
- He is also certified in AED, First Aid and CPR
- Students will be required to wear a face mask/covering while at the program
- There will be a pre-screening form filled out each day by the instructor to keep track of attendance - if your child answers yes to any of the screening questions please do not send them to the program
- Social distancing will be kept when possible